Craving? Be sure to bookmark this Clean Eating Recipe! This makes an awesome alternative if you’re looking for something to fill that carbo craving!!
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, skin on, shredded (use the large holes in a grater)
- 1 medium yellow onion, shredded and drained
- 2 tablespoons oat flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes, onion, flour, chili powder, garlic powder, mustard, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, stirring with a spoon to mix well.
- Add egg whites and mix again. Using your hands (fun part!! You may also enlist your kids to help you!!) shape mixture into small tots approximately 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil and bake until crispy, about 22 to 25 minutes. (These won’t be as crunchy as traditional tots since those are fried. Keeping the skin on in this recipe will increase the texture of the tots.)
If you are looking to live a healthier life with nutritional whole foods, regular exercise, and want to approach life with a positive outlook, contact me! I’d love to help support you on your journey and connect with you on improving your life and reaching your health and wellness goal!