These are pecan toffee bars that taste like pie!
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener of your choice (Swerve or other brand)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup granulated sweetener of choice (Swerve or other brand)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar of choice (Swerve or other brand)
- 3 cups pecans whole or pieces or a mix
- Preheat oven to 325F and prepare a square baking pan.
- Processor, combine flour, powdered sweetener, and salt. then add in with butter pieces, mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into baking pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing topping.
- In a pan, add in butter with sugar then stir until totally dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook until amber in color, remove from heat then add in vanilla extract and salt until it seems to be separating in texture then add in powdered sugar to bring the mixture back together. Get the pecans and add it on top of the crust, pour the toffee mnixture on top of the pecans then bake for another 15 minutes until it has darkened on top and it becomes thickly on top. Let it cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Ready to get started with your health and fitness goal this 2020? Email me at email@example.com and I would love to help you!