If you are craving for french toast, you don’t have to cry or break your clean eating plan! Try this Clean Eating French Toast and fret no more. It’s clean and it’s healthy!! It won’t mess up with your meal plans.
You can use frozen or fresh berries for this too! Or you can also top it off with banana and cinnamon. Oh, yum!!
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 slices whole-grain bread/ezekiel bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1 tablespoon honey/agave nectar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- Blend egg whites, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Dip bread in batter one slice at a time and let soak for 1 minute per side. (Enlist your kids to do this with you!!!)
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add bread and let cook about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove to a plate and top with berries or bananas, honey or agave, sugar, and chia seeds!! Tasty!!
If you are looking to live a healthier life with nutritional whole foods, regular exercise, and want to approach life with a positive outlook, contact me! I’d love to help support you on your journey and connect with you on improving your life and reaching your health and wellness goal!